Horror at Tapah Fishing Pond

Advertisement ∇

Author’s Note : One of my friend’s husband, loves fishing and would always go to a pond located in Tapah. For those fishing lovers out there that know this place, apparently this pond area is well known to be a super haunted. Although my friend’s husband has been there numerous times, he did not experience any supernatural activities although he did mention to my friend that they would leave the place before the sky starts getting dark. Here’s what happened on one exceptional day

My husband loves to go fishing. He and his gang of friends would often visit this pond in Tapah for his fishing expedition. They never stayed late there though as the area was known to be haunted and it would be their mutual agreement that everyone would leave the place before the skies darken. There was one time that things didn’t go as planned.

My husband and 5 other of his friends decided to have a 3 day trip to the Tapah pond. On the first day upon arrival, they had reached the pond around 4pm and as usual, they had already planned to leave before 7pm. One of his friends, Anson who was there for the first time was pretty excited as he had caught many fishes. When the time had come to leave the Tapah pond, he refused to go although the clock showed that it was well over 7pm. After a few minutes, another gang of friends (3 malay men) came with their fishing nets. One of my husband’s friends, Kent, thought of greeting them and asked one of the gang members, “Netting ke?” (Are you netting?). All of them nodded a yes and Kent continued asking, “Tak takut ke?” (Aren’t you afraid?). Then one of the Malay guys replied him, “Takut ape? Khabar angin sahaja. Jika benar, keluar dan tunjuklah, apa yang saya tak pernah tengok” (What’s there to be afraid of? Its just rumors. If its true, come out and show yourself! There’s nothing that I haven’t seen before). With this reply, all of them including my husbands friends decided to continue fishing. At that point, my husband felt pretty weird when everyone decided not to leave at that moment. Since majority had voted to stay, so my husband stayed back as well.

An hour later, everyone was concentrating on fishing when Kent suddenly saw something shiny coming out from the water. Immediately, he felt cold and goose bumps started running down his spine and immediately started asking all his friends to leave. Afraid that if he called aloud to everyone might startled the thing inside the water, he slowly crept to everyone and whispered for them to quickly pack up and leave. At that moment, everyone had the same strange feeling but no one argued or negotiated their way to stay unlike the previous hour ago.

Everyone just kept quiet and followed Kent’s instructions. Suddenly, the other group of men shouted with excitement, when my husband and his friends glanced over, they saw one of the malay guy’s fishing net was moving as if there were a lot of fishes or a really big fish was caught. The guy kept pulling the net and in a split second, the rest of the other 2 friends joined the pull. As they were pulling the net, my husband and his friends watched and packed at the same time. My husband told me that it looked like as if the 3 of the guys were playing a tug of war with the net. It seemed like there was something pulling back the net from inside the water.

After watching about 5 minutes, Kent hurried everyone to leave. So everyone obeyed and started walking back towards the car. The last thing my husband heard and saw was the other gang of friends had managed to pull out the net but there was nothing inside the net. The net was not even damaged. Angry, the owner of the net shouted, “Apa yang kacau ni!” (Who’s disturbing here!)
It was not until the left the place that Kent confessed that he saw something shiny flickering on the surface of the pond . That was when he decided to quickly leave. It was no surprise to everyone as they knew Kent often saw things that usually people don’t. Kent then further explained that while they were pulling out of the pond’s car park, he accidentally glanced through his rearview mirror and saw a women’s head zoomed into the malay guy’s face and disappeared. The last scene he saw was the malay guy had fainted and his friends were shouting.

The next few days, my husband and his friends continued fishing at the Tapah pond although everyone made sure to leave by 7pm. Nothing happened after that, perhaps the incident on that fateful day had happened because someone had challenged the ghosts to come out? No one knew or dared to stay later than the said time to verify the story.

Share this story in your Facebook now!


3 Responses to “Horror at Tapah Fishing Pond”

  1. jeremy choo Says:

    Nice story 🙂

  2. Lynn Goh Says:

    Still want to challenge the ghost in tapah. Never learn.

  3. unsightly Says:

    Are you the same wife as the one that related the story of her hubby & gang fishing at a jungle & was woken up 2 consecutive nights by a black cat? If so, u better change yr story line. Its getting boring. Its time for ladies to pull up their skirts & do some fishing for once so that the next time round, we have stories relating to ladies & how they encountered floating men head (and I don’t mean the men head without brains).

Leave a Reply