I stumbled upon a site which lists the top Haunted places in Indonesia. Although I haven’t been to that place, but people always tell me that Indonesia is a place where the culture is abundant and that goes without mentioning the mysterious supernatural and unexplaiable side of Indonesia.
- Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital – A place full of ghost stories. One particularly popular one would be the one about a doctor with a surgical knife and hands full of blood or a nurse who always warns the doctors if there’s an emergency patients.There are also the spirits of dead people floating around in the hospital. They usually they wander at night and show their form to someone who’s alone.
- Jakarta History Museum – This place was used by the Dutch Colonials as a city hall whereas the main court was used to hang a number of Chinese people. In the night a few ghosts can be seen there. The prison was believed to be haunted by number of ghosts. Perhaps due to the historical horrors, there’s a strange feeling when you enter the building
- Jembatan Ancol – Legend has it that a young woman was rapped at the Jembatan Ancol or Ancol bridge. After that, she was then murdered. Until this day people have said to see her walking around at night.
- Jeruk Purut Cemetery – Legend has it that once there was a priest or pastor that died here with his head cut off. The real reason why he died with his head off was unknown but this priest is always accompanied by his dog wherever he goes.
- Tarumanagara University – On the 13th Floor are the photocopy facilities. People that work there admitted that every noon about 18.00 they can see a head flying around without his head. Cause of death is unknown but it seems that his/her soul can’t rest in peace yet because of, perhaps, unfinished business.
- University of Pancasila – A particular lift there would mysteriously bring u to the 4th floor although you did not press the button to the 4th floor.
- Lawang Sewu – Lawang Sewu means a thousand doors. This is a building with thousand doors was with the Netherlands Architecture, left by the Netherlands colonialism in 19th century. If you go inside this old building, you will be abke to see many kind of ghosts. For example, ghost with no head, a Holland young lady killed herself and hang in the door, screams, and so on. A good suggestio would be if you could come see the building for yourself. However, be careful of getting lost because this building has 1000 doors.
Source : http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/indonesia.htm
Share this story in your Facebook now!